Updated May 2018
- We collect your information only with your consent;
- We only collect the minimum amount of Personal Information that is necessary to fulfill the purpose of your interaction with us;
- We only collect the FedEx Ground pickup and delivery data for your routes for which you authorize us;
- The FedEx Ground pickup and delivery data for your routes is only used to offer our Services for which you pay us;
- We do not sell, distribute or make accessible any of your Personal Information or any FedEx Ground pickup and delivery data for your routes to anyone;
"Personal Information" means any information, which you provide to us to help us identify you, such as your name, billing address, email address, phone, payment information etc. This may also include information such as the name of your entity Company registered with FedEx Ground and your FedEx Ground contract ID (to be used to validate you as an authorized user of our Services).
"Account Data" means FedEx Ground pickup and delivery data for your routes for which you consent to give us access. This may also include data related to your vehicles and workforce registered with FedEx Ground.
"Usage Data" means data related to your interaction with and usage of our App and Services such as information about your device running our App, device identifiers, Internet Protocol ("IP") addresses, geo-location, app analytics, app usage metrics, pages viewed, browser type, and any other information relating to how you interact with our Services, and other usage information collected from cookies and other tracking technologies.
3. WHAT PACKAGEROUTE DOES WITH YOUR INFORMATION. We collect your Personal Information strictly to validate your identity as an authorized user for our Services. We collect your Account Data with your consent to provide our Services to you, which you consume through either our App or Website. We do not share or sell any of your Personal Information or Account Data to any third parties for their own commercial uses without your consent.
a) Types of Information We Collect. In connection with accessing our Services, we may collect Personal Information to validate you to be an authorized user.
We collect information when you sign up or open an account, sign in, contact us for support, or give us feedback. We may also get information from service providers to supplement your Personal Information to help us maintain the accuracy of your data and provide you with better service. We may collect content or other information that you may provide or create when you interact with our Services. We also collect your Account Data whenever you utilize our Services.
We may also automatically collect certain Usage Data when you access and use our Services.
Our Services may change over time and we may introduce new features that may collect new or different types of information.
b) How We Use Your Information. We may use your information, including your Profile Information, for the following purposes:
Account Registration. We may use your name, address, phone number, email address, payment information including credit card details to register your account for certain Services we provide and to communicate important information to you. We may obtain additional Personal Information about you, such as payment and address information, from commercially available sources, to keep our records current.
To Provide Our Services and Operate Our Business. We may use your information to operate our business, including providing Services you subscribe, provide you with support related to our Services, and to help us protect our Services from fraud, misuse or abuse and to secure and protect your Account Data.
Customer Service and Support. We may use your name, address, phone number, email address and other information, including Account Data, used by you to interact with our Services to resolve questions you may have about our Services and to follow up with you about your experience.
To Improve Services and Develop new features for our Services. We will use your information to personalize or customize your experience and the Service, develop new features or services, and to improve the overall quality of PackageRoute Services.
Feedback. We may use any information you volunteer in surveys you answer for us and combine them with answers from other customers in order to better understand our Services and how we may improve them. Answering any survey is optional.
We may conduct research, including publishing or sharing of combined information from many users, but only in a way that would not allow you or any other person to be Identified. We may prepare and share information about our customers with third parties, such as advertisers or partners, for research, academic, marketing and/or promotional purposes, but only in a way that would not allow you or any other customer to be identified.
c) How We Share Your Personal Information. From time to time, we may need to share your Personal Information with others.
Third Party Service Providers. We may share your information, including Personal Information and Usage Data, with third party service providers who perform various functions to enable us to provide our Services and help us operate our business, such as product and website development, cloud infrastructure services, payment processing, email communications, fraud detection and prevention, customer care, or performing analytics. Our contracts with these third parties require them to maintain the confidentiality of the your information we provide to them, only act on our behalf and under our instructions, and not use your information for purposes other than the product or service they're providing to us or on our behalf.
Response to Subpoenas and Other Legal Requests. We may share your information with courts, law enforcement agencies, or other government bodies when we have a good faith belief we are required or permitted to do so by law, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements, to protect our company, or to respond to a court order, subpoena, search warrant, or other law enforcement request.
Reporting to Credit Bureaus. We may share your information with credit bureaus, consumer reporting agencies, and card associations. Late payments, missed payments, or other defaults on your account may be reflected in your credit report and consumer report. We may also share your information with other companies, lawyers, credit bureaus, agents, government agencies, and card associations in connection with issues related to fraud, credit, or debt collection.
Sale of Our Business. If we sell, merge, or transfer any part of our business, we may be required to share your information. If so, you will be asked if you would like to stop receiving promotional information following any change of control.
With your Consent. Other than as set out above, we will provide you with notice and the opportunity to choose when your Personal Information may be shared with other third parties.
a) Updating Your Personal Information. In connection with your right to manage your Personal Information (including payment information) you provide to us, you may access, update, change and correct your information either through the Service or by contacting our customer service.
b) Managing Marketing Communications from us. We will honor your choices when it comes to receiving marketing communications from us. You have the following choices if you have been receiving marketing communications from us that you no longer wish to receive:
- Click the "unsubscribe" link in the email or newsletter you received.
- Subject to your control, our App may send certain push notifications to your mobile device. If you are receiving push notifications and no longer wish to receive these types of communications, you may turn them off at the device level.
- Remember that even if you choose not to receive marketing communications from us, we will continue to send you mandatory service or transactional communications.
c) Tracking Technologies. In accordance with applicable law, PackageRoute and our service providers may use commonly-used tools to recognize and track your interactions with our Services such as cookies, web beacons, pixels, local shared objects, web analytics, geo-location and similar technologies (collectively, "Tracking Data"). Sometimes this Tracking Data is necessary in order for us to provide you the Service you subscribed. Other times, we combine your Tracking Data with that of other customers to improve your and other customers' experience. You have control over some of the Tracking Data we collect by disabling appropriate configuration settings on your device or browser.
5. DATA RETENTION AND YOUR ACCESS RIGHTS
a) Data Retention. In accordance with and as permitted by applicable law and regulations, we will retain your information as long as necessary to serve you, to maintain your account for as long as your account is active, or as otherwise needed to operate our business. When you close your account, we may continue to communicate with you about our Services, give you important business updates that may affect you, and let you know about products and services that may interest you, unless you have opted out of receiving marketing communications. We may also continue to use some of your information for business purposes and to improve our offerings or in some cases to develop new ones. We will retain and use your information as required by applicable regulations and PackageRoute's records and information management policies to comply with our legal and reporting obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, complete any outstanding transactions and for the detection and prevention of fraud.
b) Your Access Rights. As required by applicable law, you may contact us to confirm whether we maintain any of your Personal Information and to review it in order to verify its accuracy and the lawfulness of our processing of such Personal Information. Where you have determined that the Personal Information we collected about you is inaccurate or processed in violation of applicable law, you may also request that your Personal Information be corrected, amended, or deleted. Requests for access to your Personal Information and to have it corrected, amended, or deleted should be made by directly contacting us.
6. SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
We provide reasonable and appropriate security measures in connection with securing your Personal Information and Account Data. For example, we:
- Use only verified third party Cloud Platform service providers to host and secure all data with which our Services interact. Ensure that such third party service providers are in compliance with industry standard certifications such as ISO-27001, ISO-27017, SOC-2 and SOC-3.
- Constantly work to update our security practices to implement accepted best methods to protect your Personal Information and Account Data, and review our security procedures carefully
- Comply with applicable laws and security standards
- Securely transmit your sensitive Personal Information and Account Data
- Train our staff and require them to safeguard your data
- Only permit authorized PackageRoute employees to access data on a need to know basis
- Transmit, store, protect, and access all credit card payment processing information in compliance with the Data Security Standards
We use appropriate security based on the type and sensitivity of the data being stored. As with any internet-enabled system, there is always a risk of unauthorized access, so it is important to protect your password and contact us if you suspect any unauthorized access to your account.
9. COLLECTION AND USE OF CHILDREN'S PERSONAL INFORMATION. We do not knowingly collect information from minors.
PackageRoute Services are intended ICs and ISPs who are legal adults adults. Our Services are not directed to minors and we do not knowingly collect information from minors. If you believe that PackageRoute may have unknowingly collected Personal Information from a child, please contact us for it to be removed.
10. YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS
You have certain rights around use of your data. You can update or terminate your account from within our Services and also contact us for individual rights requests about your Personal Information. We do not share your Personal Information with third parties without your consent.